Dear NYC (I hope it's ok if I call you that?),
As an Australian woman moving to your fine streets in the not too distant future, I have some questions for you which I am hoping you can answer:-
- Where can I buy Vegemite? Yes really. No, it doesn't taste like axle grease. Yes, you are putting too much on your toast. Just ask Hugh Jackman.
- What exactly are Twinkies, S'mores and Hoagies? And do I want to eat them?
- Does anyone actually eat from the hot dog vendors?
- Speaking of food, we will need to talk about your serving sizes.
- Is that a rat or a cat?
- How long until I can cross the street without spending 10 seconds reminding myself that you drive on the other side of the road so I need to be really careful I don't get killed?
- Do I need to change the way I spell Mum (Mom), honour (honor), accessorise (accessorize), flavours (flavors)? I can tell spell check and I are going to be BFFs.
- Will we need to sell organs to find an apartment?
- YOU WANT HOW MUCH FOR THE APARTMENT???
- Speaking of the cold, how cold does it really get? Am I going to get frost bite? Where on earth do I buy a coat that is warm enough to stop me from dying of hypothermia?
And lastly (and most importantly), will you love me as much as I plan on loving you? (I hope so).
Love, me xx