The Anti-Bucket List
When a fresh and dazzling new year begins everyone seems to get busy with their resolutions and updating their bucket lists for the year to come. Admit it, we've all got a few things on that list don’t we? Mine is very, very long and I won’t bore you with the details (seriously is a Golden Retriever and a Chelsea loft too much to ask for?), but what about your anti-bucket list? You know the things that you definitely, absolutely, categorically don’t want to do. When I asked my husband what’s on his list - his response was: I don’t want to get rabies, visit Chad for a holiday and I definitely don’t want to sleep with Justin Bieber. (Sorry Beebs, I know that news must be pretty devastating). So it got me thinking about what was on my 2016 anti-bucket list. I can 100% say that 2016 won't include:-
- Camping. I don’t even want to go glamping.
- Living in a landlocked place. This Pisces needs a liquid horizon people.
- Bungee jumping, sky diving, swimming with sharks or riding in a hot air balloon. No. No. Just no.
- Going on a cruise. I worked for a cruise company once. All those activities and interactions for an introvert like me = hell. Plus I now get horrifically sea sick.
- Deep sea fishing. See above.
- Being one of those people who has long, personal phone conversations on public transport. People just don't need to know.
- Wearing crocs. Who invented those? Seriously.
- Trying hard drugs. I’ve seen Trainspotting.
- Being part of a flashmob. I’m crazy shy.
- Being one of those people who don’t have time to read. I give permission for you to disown me if I ever utter those words.
Don’t get me wrong, I am happy for you to be a bungee jumping, croc wearing, flash mob dancing enthusiast but please don’t make me come with you.
So, how about you? What’s on your anti-bucket list for 2016?